Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Infant Singing Festival at the Round Chapel

27th June 2018

Year two were all warmed up and raring to go for the Hackney Singing Festival this year. The children were practising hard in class before the big day, learning 14 songs from different genres - folk, pop, rock and roll, classical, musicals.. One of the big favourites was the Carribean Donkey Songs Medley. We learnt songs in Latin, Dutch and Spanish, as well as songs from Ghana and South Africa. SO MUCH FUN!

Here are some pictures and videos from the day, and some comments and write-ups from Orange and Purple Classes:









"My favourite song is Hillybilly Rock because it's funny and joyful. I learnt to sing quiet and loudly. I was feeling excited." Javontai

"When everybody started singing it felt really nice because all the parents were watching. My favourite song was Thank You For the Music by ABBA because everybody sang it so beautifully."

"I liked singing Hillybilly Rock. I did not like Thank You For the Music because it was too hard to sing. I would get better if I practise." Jonathan

"I loved singing Carribean Donkey because it was funny! I felt happy when I sang the song. I pretended i was a donkey! I sang in Mexican also." Blanche

 

  Pip

 Joshua

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your views, but please comment respectfully and don't add any links. Thank you.