Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Year 3 at the BBC Ten Pieces III Concert

22nd June 2018

Children from Year 3 were treated to a wonderful concert at the Barbican Hall this afternoon. The BBC Symphony Orchestra played the ten pieces of classical music from this year's BBC Ten Pieces project.

We had been listening to many of the pieces in class, and had learnt to sing No Place Like by Kerry Andrew - a piece about home, especially commissioned for this year's Ten Pieces. We were excited to hear the real orchestra and to join in with the big performance.

Here are some snippets of reviews from the children in Year 3:

"The first song they played was Finlandia and it was my favourite one. It sounded like a shark attack was about the happen. I really liked the huge drum at the back and the woodwind. The woodwind because they all played as one and the drum because it is loud, clear and exciting!" by Phoenix
"The BBC Ten Pieces was amazing. My favourite instrument was the violin. My favourite piece was Rodeo and Finlandia. I liked singing. It was so much fun. I loved the big drums. They were large. It was more bigger than my dad!! Ten Pieces is amazing !!!!!!!!!!"

"The BBC Ten Pieces was extraordinary! My favourite piece was the Rodeo by Aaron Copeland because the music was full of surprises and different instruments. It sounded like the whole orchestra was dancing! I learnt that music can take you on journeys even while you are sitting down on a seat! I would really recommend going because it is magical!" by Elsa

"The BBC Ten Pieces was awesome! My favourite piece was the Rodeo because it sounded like the Wild West! I really liked the drums. They played high and low. The drums were loud! When I got to the concert my eyes were blown away. I was amazed. The concert was so big!!" by Yaqub
"My favourite part was when they played the cowboy music because it had a lot of cool sounds like horse shoes tapping on the ground and sounds like big drum noises that sound like guns shooting in the air." by Camila





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your views, but please comment respectfully and don't add any links. Thank you.